How can you become a Savvy PA?Tags: inter-personal skills, office professional, PA, performance, soft skills, training
More and more often, as companies cut costs and downsize in a post-recession economy, the Professional Assistant is being tasked with managing multiple relationships. Not only this, but the latest trends indicate that PAs are given more and more responsibility in terms of managing relationships and keeping team morale high.
This one day training programme aims to equip PAs at every level of the organization with fool-proof ways of building and managing relationships.
Why can’t everyone just be normal, like me?
FACT: We can get the best out of personal relationships by treating others the way they want to be treated.
We’ll equip each delegate with the fundamental skills to build effective, lasting relationships and also provide them with an easy-to-use method for creating a better understanding of themselves and the behaviour of others. Delegates will learn how to evaluate others’ behaviour in a scientific, yet practical way allowing them to better understand what each person requires from interactions with others.
Delegates are taught how to identify different personalities based on certain behavioural criteria and how to modify approaches in order to manage relationships effectively. We explore back-up styles, managing conflict and how to identify the different behavioural styles based on facial expressions and body language.
After this interactive programme, delegates will have mastered the following skills to enable them to manage relationships with employees, colleagues and clients optimally:
• Develop the attitude and motivation to go the extra mile
• Gain a better self-understanding
• Understand the difference in people and how to communicate effectively with them in order to minimize conflict
• Build self confidence and re-focus on opportunities
• Improve the overall commitment of all people and to accept the concept of quality, productivity, responsibility and accountability
• Get to grips with the power of the mind, how beliefs are formed and how we manage thought processes
• Understand that sound relationships are built around treating people the way they want to be treated
• How to use inter-personal relationships with internal and external customers to our best advantage
When is it? Where is it? What are the Fees? Where do I book?
When: Tuesday 17th April 2012
Where: Crowne Plaza, Rosebank
Fees: R 4800-00 per person incl VAT
How do I confirm my attendance?
Please mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll send you a registration form. We’ll acknowledge receipt and send you an invoice. Full payment confirms your attendance.
What about a discount?
If you bring 3 colleagues with you, we’ll give you a 20% discount on your own registration fee.
What the audience will take home
High Content, High Energy, Highly Entertaining. Audiences are always seen taking notes during Erik’s presentations, and they often battle to keep up!
Immediately actionable insights. The audience will leave with practical examples and perspective allowing them to immediately implement key changes, steps and activities to derive value from the presentations.
Benefits for the individual and Organisation
You want a return on investment, don’t you? Collaborating with Erik and Anneke will give your people and your company:
• A fresh and unique perspective on behaviour and people management
• Immediately actionable behaviours to help realise your goals
• An understanding of the difference in people and how to communicate effectively with them in order to minimise conflict
• A can-do attitude towards team-work and customer service
• The motivation to go the extra mile
• Vivid learning moments that are easy to recall, for several months after the event
• Speakers who provide both memorable content and tools that delegates can immediately apply in order to change their results.
Apart from creating memorable learning moments and providing often-needed perspective and challenging paradigms, Erik’s previous clients say what they found valuable in our collaboration:
“Erik’s enthusiasm is contagious. His modest attitude instantly puts people at ease while he effortlessly undertakes to explain corporate profitability in terms of team work and employee interaction. This refreshing approach to understanding business makes it easy to put day-to-day issues that arise into perspective, thus allowing action items to come to the forefront. Erik comes highly recommended with energy levels that make any solution seem possible.”
Lindy-Anne du Toit, PA to Ian Hoy, Head: Standard Bank Group IT
“Erik delivers very insightful and stimulating sessions to ones team. He ensures to understand the desired outcomes upfront and you can be guaranteed of the expected result.”
Top qualities: Personable , Expert , Creative
Ulanova Visser, Samsung SA, RIM (BlackBerry) SA
“Erik assisted us through a tough period of change. He provided creative learning scenarios that he followed up with detailed support afterwards. We subsequently used him several times, most recently in 2009. I highly recommend him!”
Top qualities: Great Results , Personable , Creative
Brett Garrod, Johnson & Johnson Medical
“Having had the pleasure of working with Erik previously, I can highly recommend his work. Erik is professional, focussed, he delivers superlative results and is extremely well received by all levels within an organisation, especially leadership. I am more than happy to share with you the details around work that we have engaged in with Erik.”
Top qualities: Great Results, Personable, Expert
Jacqualene Humphries, The Brand Union, Neotel
R 4800-00 per person
Enroll 4 delegates and get 20% of 4th delegate’s fee.
Fees include VAT, refreshments, lunch, parking and materials.
Terms and Conditions
Please note: Payment must be received before the event takes place. We reserve the right to refuse admission where evidence of payment cannot be shown.
Confirmation of Booking
Please note: If you have not received confirmation in writing, of your booking before the event, please contact us on email@example.com to confirm that we have received your registration.
What if I can no longer attend?
If you cannot make it to the event:
• You may send a substitute delegate in your place, please inform us of the new name for registration purposes. No additional charges will be applicable for substitutions
• You may cancel your registration, in writing, at no charge, up to 10 working days before the event takes place. Cancellations inside of 10 days will be liable for the full fee.
• Unfortunately, no refund or credit can be given to delegates who do not attend without giving prior notice.
• Registrations received during the 10 working days before the event date, will not be excluded from any terms & conditions.
• In the event of unforeseen circumstances we reserve the right to change the programme content, the speakers, the venue or the date. You will be notified no less than 5 working days prior to an event. Should the event be postponed, you will have the option to attend the next available date of the relevant event. The registration fee will be credited on delegate accounts, should they opt not to attend the next available date of the relevant event or in the case where an event is cancelled.
• Cheques should be made payable to Leader Motivation Systems CC. Please do not mail any cheques
• Electronic Transfer or Direct Deposit into our bank account, validated by emailed copy of transaction slip.
Leader Motivation Systems, FNB, Craighall, Acc #: 62007856919, Branch #: 255-805.
Please note: Payment must be received by
no later than 15:00 on 16 April 2012